Enjoyed spending time with Lutheran evangelical leaders from around the world here in Oslo.
Had some frank and challenging conversations about:
1. Whether child sponsorship just develops dependency – with a Kenyan church leader.
2. What impact fatherless makes to the next generation – with a Peruvian church leader.
3. How the persecuted church can help the West with its missing generation – from a bishop from Ethiopia.
4. The challenge of empowering parents to disciple their children – with a Norwegian youth worker.
I am here giving 4 lectures:
1. God, the city and youth ministry – urbanisation and next generation mission.
2. It takes a whole church – intergenerational ministry for the 21st century
3. God’s heart for young people
4. Developing 21st century missionary disciples.
What a privilege to learn alongside these fantastic leaders.
I also came across this video thanks to one of the other speakers:
Some startling stats:
27% of the church is under 15 but 3% of budget spent on children’s ministry…